Friday, December 12, 2014

December 14, 2014 - 3rd Sunday of Advent

http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/121414.cfm

Third Sunday of Advent - Pink Sunday - Gaudette Sunday - Sunday of HOPE!  Christmas is almost here!!!

How has your Advent been?  Have you had a chance to sit and Wait for the Lord?  Wait on the Lord? Have you had time to stop and just be with the Lord?

This has been a Great Advent for me!  I have been to an Advent Retreat - which was a wonderful time for me to reflect and to be fed!  I actually felt affirmed by God!  I felt He touched me at my point of need and encouraged me in this journey!

I have had a chance to read, pray, reflect, laugh, cry - all in "moments" of communion with God!

Today's readings reflect my joy!  REJOICE!!!

In the first reading - today these words jumped out at me!

I rejoice heartily in the LORD,
in my God is the joy of my soul;

I know this mountain high will not last forever, but I will relish it while it is here!  I will rejoice HEARTILY in the LORD, in my God - who is the JOY of my soul!   I won't look back at my mistakes and my failures...I won't fear the future and what it "might" bring....I REJOICE in this DAY!!!!

The responsible Psalm is the Magnificat.  Mary's beautiful prayer of praise of God and what He did in her life.  Her full "Yes", without regard or worry about what the future would hold - is what I am trying to focus on today.  Let me live in THIS moment and know that God is Immanuel - HE IS WITH ME!  No matter what!

Mary proclaims - and I with her!  
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has looked upon his lowly servant.

R/ My soul rejoices in my God.
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.

Rejoicing comes from the goodness of God!!!

And Paul proclaims in 1st Thessalonians:

Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing.
In all circumstances give thanks,
for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

May the God of peace make you perfectly holy
and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body,
be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The one who calls you is faithful,
and he will also accomplish it.

How beautiful is that!!!!  The one who calls you is faithful and he will also accomplish it (make me HOLY!)

Our Gospel talks about John the Baptist
A man named John was sent from God.
He came for testimony, to testify to the light,
so that all might believe through him.
He was not the light,
but came to testify to the light.

We (you and I) are not the light - we are called to testify to the light - to share our HOPE!  To share our Joy!  To point to the One who is the JOY of our Soul!  

I am not worthy to untie his sandlestrap - but I can testify to all He has done for me!  His great mercy and love!  
That's why this week is filled with HOPE!  and JOY!!!  God is with us!  Emmanuel!  He will come again!  May we all be ready and waiting with the light of His love in our hearts!

Have a blessed week!  
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment