Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1st - The Octave of Christmas, Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God

http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/010115.cfm

What a beautiful way to start the new year!!!

The first reading is a blessing that God gave to Moses to give to Aaron and his sons (who are the priest lines).

The LORD bless you and keep you!
The LORD let his face shine upon
you, and be gracious to you!
The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace!

What a beautiful blessing for us all...and with the coming of Jesus - the One and Only Priest - He gives us this blessing through His life and death and resurrection!  This blessing became FLESH!!!  

My prayer and continued AWE for God is in this:  God bless us with your mercy (I know what I deserve, but God is offering His Mercy - I still can't believe it!!!)

In the 2nd reading we become sons of God through Jesus!  Through the promise of Jesus!!!  Through the Miracle of this incarnation!!!  How Amazing and blessed are we???


My favorite line to reflect on in the Gospel is  "Mary kept all these things, reflecting on them in her heart."
How amazed must Mary have been, to have the shepherds come and tell her the message they heard from the angels....Then to be visited by the magi....Even then she held it in her heart...

How many times have I seen the hand of God in my life and reflected on it in my heart.....how can I explain it to others?  How can I share the depth of AWE and WONDER I feel?  I can only share the JOY and Love that I receive.  I feel Mary was like that.  Mary was obedient to God, Mary brought Jesus into the world, Mary shared the love of Jesus with others and encouraged others to listen to Him!  

Mary is our example of being a disciple.  She is the mother of God!  She had hardships and challenges and yet she trusted and still marveled at the gift of God in her presence. 


The LORD bless you and keep you!
The LORD let his face shine upon
you, and be gracious to you!
The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace!

Blessings to you this New Year!
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment