Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 4 - The Epiphany of the Lord

http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/010415.cfm

Wise Men and Women Still Seek Jesus!

The first reading from Isaiah is a prophecy about the birth of Jesus, the Star of Bethlehem and the Magi and the gifts!

"your heart shall throb and overflow"  - Have you ever felt like that about God?  I have been so overwhelmed by God's love and mercy,  that there are no words.  

Lord, Every nation on Earth will adore you!

The Gospel continues with the story of the three magi

They were overjoyed at seeing the star, 
and on entering the house
they saw the child with Mary his mother.
They prostrated themselves and did him homage.
Then they opened their treasures 
and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

I have no gifts of expense to give to God, but I do have my heart.  I can share that with Jesus and with others!

I seek Him daily.  I try to share Him with those around me.  I hope we find that these are the gifts that matter to Him the most.  I feel like the little drummer boy.  My humble gifts are special to Him, because He gave them to me to share!


What gifts do you have to bring to Jesus? 

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment